Hello, my name is Gibson and below are some of my favorite recent work. Over the last 15 years, I've worked with over 50 brands, helping with logos, branding, web design, event planning, public relations, social media marketing, and overall marketing strategy.
I currently serve as the lead User Experience Analyst (Sr UX Analyst) for Academy Sports + Outdoors, run a city-wide arts program called MiniMurals, and am studying to become a yoga teacher. I would like new work involving UX strategy, website design, and innovative marketing.
Email me: email@example.com.
Gibson hanging with the Mayor of Houston, Sylvester Turner.
I currently am the lead Senior User Experience Analyst (Sr UX Analyst) at Academy Sports + Outdoors. Since 2015, I have helped grow the website to one of the top 120 internet retailers by focusing on customer feedback, prototype testing, A/B experiments, Usability testing, and modern web design principles.
- Oversee User Experience Research Academy.com including data from Foresee, Google Analytics, User Testing, Customer Surveys, and Usability Testing
- Lead omnichannel User Experience initiatives to help customers in the store and online
- Conducted and led UX Research for "Buy Online Pickup In Store" for entire Academy chain
- Conducted and oversaw all UX Research for restructuring and redesigning Academy.com to be fully responsive and WCAG 2.0 AA compliant (American with Disabilities Act).
- Work with different teams to generate ideas through design thinking exercises
- Responsible for premium User Experience on mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Conduct research through A/B tests on Academy.com, moderated user testing, customer interviews and surveys, card sorting, and Google Analytics to create a customer-centric shopping experience on Academy.com
- Create wireframes, storyboards, research documents, UI deliverables, and design specifications for development and product teams
- Relationships with vendors: Foresee (customer satisfaction), UserTesting.com (remote user testing), Forrester (UX partner)
- Employer - Academy Sports + Outdoors
- Timeline - April 2015 - current
- Skills/Tools Used - Ecommerce, Merchandising, UX strategy, UX design, A/B testing, Usability testing, HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, Foresee, UserTesting.com, Sketch, Invision Prototyping, Card Sorting, Tree Testing, Storyboards, Personas, User Flows
I joined UP Art Studio to create the MiniMurals Project in 2015.
The project originally launched in 2015 with 1 artist and 1 elictrical box, and now has over 25 artists and 150 electrical boxes painted. The City Proclaimed Mini Murals Day July 28, 2016 and also given the project the Keep Houston Beautiful Mayor's Award.
I help keep the website up to date with new boxes, press, and events.
This project is going to keep getting better. Be on a lookout for new boxes.
- Client - UP Art Studio
- Timeline - 2015 and ongoing
- Skills/Tools Used - Project Management, Digital Strategy, Web Design, Graphic Design, Social Media Marketing
I was originally asked to be a Digital Ambassador for #HoustonNoLimits in 2016, and have provided support to #HoustonNoLimits for SXSW, Superbowl 51, NCAA Final Four, Houston Art Car Parade, and the Museum of Fine Arts Houston.
- Client - Greater Houston Partnership
- Timeline - 2016 and ongoing
- Skills/Tools Used - Social Media Marketing, Photography, Instagram, Facebook
UP Art Studio
I've worked with UP Art Studio since 2014, providing digital strategy, Social Media Marketing strategy, website production, graphic design, and project management for public art events and murals.
We've spent winters in Miami hosting premier art events for Art Basel in 2015 and 2016.
Since 2014, I've helped multiple UP Art Studio projects happen including The Biggest Mural in Houston, Big Walls Big Dreams in Miami, Art Basel in Miami, Minimurals in Houston, and TEDxHouston in Houston.
In 2016, I completely redesigned and built a new website for UP Art Studio in only 4 hours with the client present using SquareSpace.
- Client - UP Art Studio
- Timeline - 2014 and ongoing
- Skills/Tools Used - Web Design, Marketing Strategy, Production, Event Planning
I joined Edelman, the biggest Public Relations agency in the world, winter of 2015 to help assist their clients with all things relating to websites: content strategy, easy to follow UX patterns, and ADA compliant code, while promoting the messages crafted by Edelman storytellers.
- I was responsible for strategizing and creating websites for Edelman’s client
- I designed and developed fully ADA (accessible) websites for Edelman's client
- I led web design, front end programming, and CMS development, including training for the client to make updates in the future
- I met with clients and account manager regularly to ensure project success
- Client - Edelman
- Timeline - December 2015 - June 2016
- Skills/Tools Used - Content Strategy, Wireframes, Web Design, Graphic Design, Wordpress Development, ADA Standard Code, City Data Integration, Client Relations
The Blonde Pantry
The Blonde Pantry is a food blog and meal service based in Houston. I first helped The Blonde (Marla) launch her first business, Perfect Size Nutrition Consulting by creating a blog for the small team. After a year of blogging, the team shifted focus to a stronger Social Media influence, and became @TheBlondePantry.
In less than 2 years, I helped @TheBlondePantry grow to 150 unique visitors a day and launch a food delivery business.
- I built the website from the ground up including content strategy, graphic design, and coding
- I provide business strategy and insights for pricing products
- I migrated the platform to Shopify in order to accept payments for meals online
- I met regularly with the client to ensure business success
- Client - TheBlondePantry
- Timeline - 2014 - 2016
- Skills/Tools Used - Website Design, Ecommerce, Shopify, Wordpress, Blogging, Analytics
During the past two Art Basel events in Miami, FL, UP Art Studio has curated some of the largest murals throuhgout Wynwood Arts District. For each event, I created the main event's website, BigWallsBigDreams.com and helped promote the event on Social Media.
- Client - UP Art Studio
- Timeline - 2015 and ongoing
For 6 months, I worked with the Bike Houston Board of Directors on a weekly basis, creating a full digital makeover, including re-thinking and designing the approach for members to sign up.
Then new website launched in 2015 and went from 80 members to 800 members in the first year after being in existence for more than 10 years.
- Client - Bike Houston
- Timeline - 2014 - 2015
- Skills/Tools Used - Wordpress, New Customer Relationship Management system (CRM), Ecommerce, Web Design, Web Development, Photography, Marketing
I led front-end website development for 2 years at one of Houston's most creative agencies, Culture Pilot. In addition to front-end development, I helped the team with event planning, branding, brainstorming, graphic design, and promoting Houston's creative culture.
- I was responsible for all aspects of client projects including research, strategy, site architecture, time management, production, quality control, and client communication
- I led Front-End Programming (HTML, CSS)
- I managed CMS integrations and development (ExpressionEngine, BigCommerce, WordPress) and training with clients on how to use
- I helped with Event curation, Community Management, and Co-Production for TEDxHouston, Visualized Conference NYC, and Creative Mornings Houston
The Black Sheep Agency, Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company, Cane Rosso, Histrionix Learning Company, Houston Wilderness, iBurn, Jonathan Blake, Mercury Fund, Metalab, Pass and Provisions, Stages Theatre, University of Houston College of Architecture, Writers In The Schools, Visualized, TEDxHouston, Bayou City Art Festival
Awards, Recognitions, and Workshops
- Instagram Social Media Spotlight by The Black Sheep Agency
- Sketchnoting: Move Your Doodles Out of the Margins
- Yes...And: Human-Centered Design by IDEO
- Rapid HTML Prototyping by Adobe
- Employer - Culture Pilot
- Timeline - July 2012 - December 2014
- Skills/Tools Used - Website Design, HTML, CSS, jQuery, CMS, Event Planning, Branding, Design Thinking
I helped curate the big TEDxHouston events in 2013 (Asia Society Center) and 2014 (Rice University).
Our small team did everything for the event including finding speakers, venues, sponsors, organizing the day, creating brochures, websites, event collateral, and ensuring the speakers and community was happy with the event.
- Client - TED
- Timeline - 2013 - 2014
- Skills/Tools Used - Event Curation, Event Management, Website Design, Email Marketing, Volunteer Coordinating, Speaker Handling
5 creatives met at Toute Suite in hopes of throwing a Texas-sized community meetup for #WWIM10. The result includes over 935 posts by 150 talented artists with more than 10k combined likes for #exploregiddings. The event was spotlighted by Instagram.
- Client - Instagram
- Date Completed - Fall 2014
- Skills/Tools Used - Event planning, Photoshop, Social Media Marketing, Instagram
I rebuilt StarPizza.net from a customer-centric perspective, understanding what pizza lovers wanted from the website, and then created sketches, graphic design, and Wordpress development.
- Client - Star Pizza
- Timeline - 2013
- Skills/Tools Used - Web Design, User Feedback, Wordpress Development, Photoshop
While attending University of Houston, I saw Mattress Mack give a talk about Advertising. I went to GalleryFurniture.com and was surprised at how dated the website was, especially after hearing about their advertising budget. I Tweeted at Mattress Mack and said I would make him the best iPhone app ever. I was hired the next week.
- I led Customer Experience strategies for GalleryFurniture.com
- I was the primary front-end programmer for the website
- I conducted user research to uncover gaps in the shopping experience, providing updates through web design and web development
- I helped increase monthly sales 10x in less than 90 days by tightening security & code
- I oversaw the design and development efforts for the first furniture shopping app in the iOS App Store
- I organized the entire sales staff to efficiently fulfill online sales orders sameday
- Client - Gallery Furniture
- Timeline - October 2010 - April 2011
- Skills/Tools Used - Magento, User Experience Design, Front End Programming, Graphic Design, User Feedback, 3rd Party Management
Starting summer after sophomore year of high school through summer after senior year of high school, I worked as a marketing intern for one of Houston's premier Advertising agencies.
- I assisted all team members including graphic designers, account executives, office managers, and the firm’s president, Cindy Marion
- I helped with Graphic Design, vendor relations, event planning, and digital research
- I interacted daily with clients and vendors to further projects and reach goals
- Employer - MMI
- Timeline - June 2004 - August 2006
- Skills/Tools Used - Market research, Vendor relations, office upkeep, event coordination